Traveler 5 Springbar Tent
Manufacturer: Kirkham's Outdoor Products
The selected item is out of stock, please select a different item or combination
A quantum leap into comfort, space, and ventilation. The Traveler features three full-height screen windows and a screen-zippered door.
Made In The USA!
- Fits a queen size inflatable mattress and extra gear very well.
- Plenty of room to sleep up to 5 adults.
- Includes one zip-off canopy, poles, guy ropes, adjustable organizer,adjustable Gear Loft, and one set of 12" angle stakes.
- Strong solid rope perimeter with "hooked" stake loops to keep tent standing in all types of weather.
- Tough vinyl floor to protect against water and sharp objects.
- Don't be intimidated by weight, we include separate carry bags for poles and tent canvas.
- Built 100% in the USA
- We offer repair options and replacement parts on all our Springbar Tents, even for some that are 40 years old.
- Manufacture Warranty: Lifetime
For Your Consideration
- Canvas MUST BE dried completely before storage. Please See Care Instructions.
- This tent is not a backpacking tent and is typically used in car camping or extended stay conditions.
- We offer DISCOUNT accessories listed above when you purchase a Springbar Tent. Including additional stake sets.
- What Stakes Are Best For You?
Power Peg Stake- Less expensive, but tend to be better for softer ground
Nail Stake- Staff Recommended and best in alpine or rocky areas
Angle Steel Stake- Best for desert sandy areas.
- This isn't your grandfathers old canvas tent. We have perfected the balance of high quality canvas and advanced synthetic silicone treatments.
- 8.5 oz Shelter Duck, double-fill construction, 100% cotton with Sunforger marine-finish boat shrunk treatment
- Roof- 10.1 oz Army Duck, double-fill construction, 100% cotton with Sunforger marine-finish boat shrunk treatment
- Windows- Polyester no-see-um mesh, CPAI fire-retardant
- Zippers- YKK #10RC and #8CF nylon coils with nickel-plated sliders
- Floor- 9 oz vinyl-laminated polyester, CPAI-84 fire-retardant, antibacterial, UV inhibitor
- Frame- 2-pc double-walled aluminum/steel ridge, solid steel tension bars, adjustable steel-reinforced aluminum uprights
- Weight: 62 lbs
- Tent Bag: 17 in x 24 in
- Pole Bag: 8 in x 56 in
- Floor: 10 ft x 10 ft
- Floor Area: 100 sq ft
- Sleeping Capacity: 5 adults
- Minimum Height (Inside): 75 in
- Maximum Height (Outside): 78 in
- Number of Doors: 1
- Number of Windows: 3 full-height windows (One in Front and Two in Back)
Front Window: Top- 18" Height- 62 1/2" Bottom- 25"
Back Windows: Top- 18" Height- 62 1/2" Bottom- 25"
ashtonm bought "Traveler 5 Springbar Tent"
on our website
09/17/2016 - 08:57:30 AM
Springbar Traveler 5 is great
My wife said she wanted a tent where she felt comfortable and not wet when she work up. I did a lot of research and decided on a Springbar. I wanted a tent made in America and something solid. The Traveler 5 seemed like the logical choice for our Family of 4 (and there is a lot of room to spare). I highly suggest getting the ground cloth and door mat. I also have an awning and just picked up the Portico for extra shade. The tent itself is really well made and is easy to setup. I can set it up myself in 15 minutes. I love the way it looks and functions. You should also consider getting a few different styles of stakes since that's an important part of the tent setup. Some simple nail stakes along with the angled stakes should work for most situations.
Reviewed by ashtonm
10/18/2012 - 12:27:35 PM
Best canvas tent in the world!!! A relative of mine has a Springbar and we have used it for over a decade. Finally this year I got my own. The tent is strong and extremely water resistant. Indestructible...with one exception. I got my tent set up for the first time and found that some of the seams by the stakes on the corners were coming apart. This was not user error as I have years of experience setting these tents up. Must have been a factory flaw or something. I still give the tent top marks however.
Reviewed by zyoungblood
10/18/2012 - 11:57:34 AM
Owned this tent for 2 years and couldn't be happier. This past summer I was camping in northern Michigan for 6 nights. 4 of those nights it stormed all night. Besides the thunder waking me up from time to time I had no issues. My old tent wouldn't have lasted an hour in that rain. For me the size is perfect for two people with cots. Leaves plenty of room for a week's worth of gear for both people. Haven't tried more than 2 people, I'm sure 5 is doable but you'd need to stow gear elsewhere. Worth the investment and customer service is great.
Reviewed by email@example.com
10/13/2011 - 08:29:08 PM
Great Adventutres Ahead!
I recently purchased a 10x10 Springbar and it works amazing! I have never used anything like it. The Deluxe models are the way to go, perfect amount of venting and the ability to completely seal out the weather. Wind is no match for one of these tents the flex and move with the wind and stay upright. My first trip was in the mountains with 2 others, all 3 of us fit inside with 2 giant dogs and had room to spare! So easy to set up too.
Reviewed by bigmtnripper
08/25/2011 - 09:06:57 AM
Springbar Traveler 5
I have now owned this model of Springbar tent for 4 years and have found that it is the perfect size for a small family to use. Two adults and a child, plus a dog and gear easily fit with extra room to walk around our bed and equipment. At 10' by 10' its easy to find a flat clear spot to set it up and I have also noticed that many state and national park campsites use 10'x10' as their base size for tent platforms. The extra windows and canopy provided ample shade and ventilation and the organizing closet and bag that come with the tent help clear up floor space. I purchased mine with the Portico addition which gives me even more shade than the standard canopy. I couldn't be happier with my tent and my purchase.
Reviewed by AC74